Monday, April 30, 2012

The Silver Sprite - Chapter Two.

(Unedited)

(sorry the alignment is a little off, blogger is being stupid)
Olivia,John and Kat spend a day at the beach.
Kat - You gonna join us Livie?
Olivia - Yea, hang on a sec.
Olivia lays a towel on the sand before unpinning her hair,setting aside her glasses and slipping out of the skirt that's over her swimwear.
The girls laugh as Olivia splashes John, getting water up his nose.
The three of them stay and goof around in the water most of the day until John and Kat decided to go off on their own somewhere.
A little while later, just before I starts to get dark, Olivia leaves the water and stumbles slowly towards where she lay her things. Seeing her struggle a man approaches.
Man - Are you alright?
Olivia -  I can't see, I took my glasses off before I went in the water and..
Man - Say no more.
Man - Here you go.
The man hands the glasses to her and she slips them on.
Olivia - Thank you, Um...?
Man -  Conner Lawrence, Officer Conner Lawrence.
Olivia - Ooh,officer. 
Olivia - Is that supposed to impress me?
He chuckles,flashing her a smile.
Conner -Well, a, it does most girls.
Olivia - Well, a, I'm not most girls.
She laughs back with a smirk, teasing him.
Conner - Clearly.
Olivia - I'm Olivia Walsh, the author.
Conner - Oh,is that supposed to impress me?
 Olivia - Well, it does most guys.
Conner - I see, so you're mocking me now hmm miss Walsh?
Olivia - I wouldn't dream of it, officer and please, call me Olivia. My friends and I were planning to light a fire, you're welcome to join us, if I can find them.  
Conner - Alright, Olivia. Why don't I light the fire while you go see if you can find your friends.
The four of them sat around the fire talking for a while and eventually end up on the subject of the local super heroes. 
John - What kind of powers would you want? Personally, I'd want to read the past, look into peoples lives, see what their life has been. What about you Kat?
Kat - I,um, I'd want to be able to become ghost like, invisible and intangible.
John - Pixie? 
Olivia - I'd want to flyCan you imagine, seeing the city that way, and to have pretty glowing gossamer wings like The Sprite?
John - The Silver Sprite.
Olivia rolls her eyes laughing.
Olivia - Whatever Johnny. Conner?
Conner - Speed. 
Olivia - Speed? You mean like The Captain or something?
Conner - Hadn't really thought of that but yea, I guess. Don't really like him though, he's pure vigilantly, The Silver Sprite and other heroes in town work with the police where as he just gets in the way and seems to think he's better than us. 

Kat excuses herself to the bathroom and Olivia follows.
Olivia - So what do you think of Conner?
Kat - I think you like him.
Olivia - Haha.
Kat - Honestly, I think he's kinda cocky and self centered. 
Olivia - But not to much so, I kinda like it, its amusing.  
Kat - Well I just wouldn't look to him for anything serious.
Olivia - Well, maybe I don't want anything serious. 
Kat - Really?
Olivia - Yea, I mean I wouldn't complain if it were to turn serious but no, that's not what I'm looking for at the moment. It's just easier. Besides, I have my secrets, it's easier to keep them this way. 
Kat - You have secrets? Do you have secrets I don't know?
Olivia - Kat, I have secrets John doesn't even know.
Kat -  Well, keep in mind it's easier for him to keep secrets too.
Kat - To each her own I guess. But Olivia, I've had those kinds of relationships, they don't end well. At least for me they never did, I'm so lucky to have what I have with John, I've been burned in the past. 
Olivia - I'll keep that in mind. But I've had serious relationships before, they don't always end to well either.

John - Well, it's getting late. I'm ready to head home when ever you are sweetheart.
Kat - Okay love. It was nice meeting you Conner. See you Liv.
John - Yeah, nice meeting you. Later Pixie.
Conner - You too. We should get together again sometime.
After they leave he looks at Olivia.
Conner - Pixie? He called you that earlier too.
Olivia - It goes back to when we where kids, and I did or said something, I don't even remember what and neither does he but something and he called me Pixie and it just kinda stuck.

After slipping the skirt back on Olivia pins her hair back up.
Conner - Why'd you do that?
Olivia - Do What?
Conner - Your hair.
Olivia - This is just how I usually wear it.
Conner - Well then I think you should wear it down more often
He smiles slightly, making Olivia blush.
Conner - Would you like to look at the stars with me?
Conner - I've always enjoyed star gazing.
 Olivia - I've always loved it too. I like looking out into the vastness of space.
He took her hand and guided it,pointing out his favorite stars and constellations.
   Conner - I feel like an idiot for not bring thing up sooner but are you,um, with anyone?
Olivia - You first.
Conner - Haha, alright. No, I'm not. Most woman don't seem to understand that as an officer of the law my career and my duty to the people has to come before all else. 
Olivia - Well that's not a problem with me. Writing is my first love, my passions. So even though, as an author my career doesn't have  to come first, it does. Which is why I am also single.
 
Conner - Oh wow, the suns coming up.
Olivia - We talked all night.
He flashes her a smile.
Conner -  I can think of worse ways to spend my time.
Olivia - Me too, but unfortunately I have to go.
Conner - Wait. Before you go.
Catching her by the arm, he plants a quick kiss on her cheek

Rounding the corner Olivia makes sure shes out of site before disappearing.
Teleportation,it's not flight but at least its something.


What other secrets is Olivia hiding?
What's in the future for Conner and Olivia?
 and
Of course
Who is The Silver Sprite?

2 comments:

  1. I think that Olivia has a good attitude about the beginning of her relationship with Conner. She has her secrets and needs to keep them! At least until she trusts him.

    Connor is gorgeous!

    Great update, Addy! I really liked the scenes in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute :) Little bantering and teasing but they all seem to get along well :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts. Opinions? Suggestions?
Questions?